iPhone users have often reported the creation of duplicate contacts while syncing their device with their iCloud account. While this can occur due to a variety of unexpected reasons, we will look at the top 3 ways to fix, merge and remove all duplicate contacts on your iPhone in this read.
Ways to Merge, Remove Duplicate Contacts on iPhone
Delete and Merge Duplicate Contacts Manually
One of the easiest methods to fix duplicate contacts on your iPhone is to manually delete and merge them using your Phone app. Follow these steps for a quick fix.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone and tap on Contacts located at the bottom.
- Locate and open any duplicate contact present in your contact list.
- Tap on the Edit button to make changes.
- Scroll down to the bottom to locate the Delete Contact option and tap on it to delete the duplicate contact.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully deleted a duplicate contact manually on your iPhone.
- Alternatively, you can merge all the duplicate contacts into a single contact profile by tapping on the Link Contacts option and selecting all the desired duplicate contacts from the list.
Use iCloud Account to Delete Multiple Duplicate Contacts at Once
Another effective method to delete duplicate contacts from your iPhone is to use the online iCloud service. If you regularly sync your iPhone with your iCloud account, you can use it to select and delete multiple duplicate contacts at once. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and access the iCloud website.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple id credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your iCloud account, tap on the Contacts button to open all the synced iPhone contacts.
- On the next page, you can view the list of all the available contacts synced between your iPhone and iCloud.
- Press the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click on all the desired duplicate contacts to select them.
- Next, locate the Gear icon present at the bottom-left corner of the screen and click on the Delete option to instantly delete selected duplicate contacts at once.
- Tap on the Delete button to confirm changes.
- As soon as your iPhone syncs with your iCloud account again, these changes will reflect in the contact list of your iPhone.
That’s it. You’ve successfully deleted multiple duplicate contacts at once using your iCloud account.
Bonus Tip: Try Free Third-Party Apps to Remove Duplicate Contacts
You can also make use of free third-party iOS apps to remove and merge duplicate contacts on your iPhone. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open Apple Appstore on your iPhone and search for the Contact Cleanup app to install it.
- Tap on the Open button to launch the app on your iPhone.
- Further, tap on the Import Contacts button to import all your device’s contacts.
- Provide the necessary contact access to the app by tapping on the OK button when prompted.
- You can also backup your existing contacts to restore them later by tapping on the Backup Now button.
- This app will automatically scan all your iPhone’s contact to identify and categorize them on the basis of several smart filters.
- To view the list of all your duplicate contacts, tap on the Duplicate Contacts option.
- Tap on your desired contact name to manage all the associated duplicate entries.
- To merge all the duplicate contacts into a single contact profile, tap on the Merge button.
- You can repeat this process as many times as you wish to handle all the duplicate contacts present on your iPhone.
That’s it. You’ve successfully removed and merged all duplicate contacts on your iPhone using a free third-party iOS app.
Wrapping Up: Remove Duplicate iPhone Contacts
So, that’s a wrap for the top 3 ways to merge and remove duplicate contacts on your iPhone. If this read has helped you to fix this issue on your device, then hit the Like button and share this guide among your friends to assist them as well. Stay tuned for more iOS troubleshooting guides.